Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

Far from a generic year!

As I face the new year, and it's unique challenges, a sort of excitement, mixed with fear comes over me. 15 (and-a-half) is a very scary time, but in a good way!
This years plans include, but are not exclusive...

~Driving license ( you should have seen the look on Mums face when I brought that up!

~ Getting my pistol. Whoopee! My parents thought that one sounded great!

~ Getting fit. No, I'm far from overweight, but I certainly want to work out more. And don't tell me I don't need to.

~ Teaching Bible Class. Teaching 2nd-5th Graders has never been termed "boring". When I taught last year, it took a definite " Iron fist in a velvet glove"! :)

~Civil War reenacting. One of my big goals is to go out on the field and rescue the "wounded" soldiers. And also a Civil War Ball!! I should write a story...

~ 52 weeks of crock potting. Yeah, I decided I needed to work on some more...domestic things. That is one area I don't do so well it. *sigh. Is there anyway I can cook while hiking?* So...one crockpot meal a week sounds ok!

~ French also. Musn't leave that out. I want to be able to speak it fluently!

~ And I'm supposed to be in the Do Hard Things Documentury... :)

~ And of course, we need to raise some baby chickys. Yay!!!!

Otherwise, my voice teacher casually brought up that, " I needed to decide what type of music I want to sing." Sound easy? The answer to that is NOOOO! I really have no idea! Opera...if you want to go big, you have to go really big. I _can_ do it, but I don't know... Pop. I don't want to do that...
So, decisions, decisions. And no, this isn't all of them! I have a hard time reading long blog posts, so I thought I would spare you! :)

~And anyhow, it's time to milk!






" Be with me LORD, I can not live without thee, I need thy strength to lean myself upon..." ~Be With Me LORD (hymn)

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Sounds like good goals! Farms, cowboy-like activities...got it all covered. hehe. Seriously, good goals - focusing on them and God will help make this year a success!

~paige said...

Ohhh! Sounds like a promising year (: I hope God blesses all of your endeavors, see ya this saturday (the 6th!)