Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

I Can Still Climb Trees..



...in a dress. I now do solemnly proclaim that it can be done, and I shall prove it with the following pictures! :D






During a recent discussion with a friend of mine, the subject turned to climbing trees...she proclaims it impossible to do in a dress, and I said it's quite possible, so this is in response...then the younger Miss Davis did such a good job with pics I decided to post some! :D
Ha! See Holly?? :D

I've always climbed trees...ever since I can remember, I've been in a tree, on a cliff, or generally in danger, with my dad right behind going,"You can go out further... a little bit more..." etc. :D Because of that, it annoyed me to no end when my girl friends all decided it was terribly bad to climb trees, as it was not directly associated with attracting boys. :P And I shant go there at all...except that's annoying and rid...oh, I said I wasn't going there. lulz
But I won't stop climbing trees.



It's been a busy month...or rather, a busy since-easter. :D

Easter our family on the Porter side all came up...we had a fun weekend visiting, locking each other in the barn, (that would NOT be the adults ;) ) just having a good time together! Grandaddy didn't feel well, but thankfully he's feeling better now!

The week after Easter (Can you tell I don't have a calender handy?), the Bailey family came up, so we could film the "Do Hard Things" documentury film!!!! Rather, Ben Bailey filmed it and I worked with a camera over my shoulder :D It was a lot of fun, a lot of work, and it will be so worth it!! Of it all, the actual testimony was the hardest to get done as we want it, and I don't think he was ever actually pleased with it. ;) For some reason, being behind the camera made him laugh, which was most alarming...and resulted in a very helpful remark from myself... " Doing hard things is always wond---- would you please cut that out?! I'm assuming that's not going on the film. :D
It was great to see Christina again! She's always been one of my "secret rolemodels"..I guess not so secret anymore, but she's one wonderful young lady! It was good to see her again! Maybe someday I'll get pictures to post...sound good? :D


Two weeks after that ( Quite rolling your eyes at me, lulz) Our gospel meeting preacher stayed with us for a week! He's amazing...the only person I know who was preaching full time at 17! He has 3 kids now, and all I have time to say now is he is one amazing person!

Until next time my friends... adious!



Byeee! How are ya'll? Leave me a note please! :D

3 comments:

lauren said...

yes climbing trees can be done in a skirt. except I had to come down because I didn't feel very modest as there were a bunch of younger boys (8-12yo.)also climbing around.
same here about trees cliffs and danger.

Holly H said...

Okay just to clarify with everyone! I did not say it was impossible in a dress..just very difficult and something I wouldnt be able to do...!
Kate my dear, you can climb trees as much as you want *shrugs* just have fun, and enjoy Gods glory in the nature that surrounds you!!!

~Catriona (Kate) said...

lol Holly...we've just got to give you a hard time, right!!?? And I just had to prove it cause I'm a daredev...nevermind ;)Come on up here and I'll learn ya how too!